There’s something about those pizza flavors that are irresistible. Of course, we have to watch how often we eat pizza since it is high in processed carbs and fats and too low in fiber and protein.
Enter these incredible Pizza Boats!
Enjoy ALL of the pizza flavors that you LOVE without the crust! It’s really fun to have a make-your-own pizza boat night with the kids!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 spaghetti squashes
olive oil spray
1 pound loose Italian chicken sausage
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
½ red onion, diced
4 ounces pepperoni slices, nitrate-free
2¼ ounces sliced black olives
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Spray lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Lay the squash, cut side down, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken sausage. Drain any oils off and then add the spaghetti sauce. Mix to combine, heating it through for 5 minutes.
4. Loosen the spaghetti squash strands with a fork. Divide the sauce between each squash and top with 25% of the mozzarella, bell pepper, onion, pepperoni and olives.
5. Place the pizza boats back into the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 384 calories, 12g fat, 18g carbohydrate, 7g sugar, 818mg sodium, 6g fiber, and 27g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.